كن كريماً في العطاء *
While attending one of my classes, my teacher, who was talking about blood donations, told us that “giving is receiving, always”. This statement that she shared with us, even though she might have not realized, resonated within me. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. To give is as if to receive. Whatever you share with the world, the world will give it back to you doubled … a paradox indeed, and I still find it fascinating.
Some may wonder: why is she talking about blood donations and giving? It’s actually quite simple; because in this holy month of Ramadan, I believe that we are all capable of giving, even the smallest of things; as a result, growth will find its way to us. In this month, when we are all trying to become the best versions of ourselves, and we are trying to do good – giving will bring us happiness and satisfaction.
Mother Teresa said, “it’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” There’s a lot of love to share, and there’s a lot of giving to do; for we rise by lifting others. And, surprisingly, we will receive so much joy by giving and helping others.
Giving comes in the simplest of ways:
- Smile when you see someone; whether its a stranger or not
- Allow the person next to you in the street to pass; nothing will go wrong if you make way for them
- Share tips with those around you
- Share pieces of information that will make someone’s day easier
- Help the person that’s in line with you
- Support those who are trying to better themselves during this holy month; motivate them, don’t degrade their efforts
- Enrich your knowledge, and the knowledge of those around you
- Spend your time with your family
- Pray for those who have left us
- Pray for those who are suffering
- Pray for all of our Muslim brothers and sisters around the world
The simple things in life is what makes the greatest difference. Give what you can to those around you; don’t underestimate the value of what you give. Smile. Be happy. Enjoy this holy month.
May you all have a blessed month, and may you grow in all ways possible!
مبارك عليكم الشهر وعسى ينعاد عليكم بالصحة والعافية