This blog post is going to be a bit different. I am not going to start saying some facts or thoughts that could possibly change your mind or way of living.
I am simply going to share my gratitude; State the things I am grateful for.
Since it is the last day of 2017, I think it can be the best way to end this chapter for good
I am not a perfect person, and not one who seeks perfection; in myself or the way I live. I find myself to be very realistic and simple… I try very hard to simplify my thoughts, emotions and actions.
Say what I mean, mean what I say.
Let’s do this,
In the beginning of 2017 I was jobless because I just had quit my job in December 2016. So it wasn’t a really fun start to begin 2017. I was a bit down and struggled with how am I going to pay my bills. So, I started taking requests for photography even for the things I didn’t believe in just because I needed the payment to pay those damn bills.
But I still had the mentality of ‘whatever will be, will be’. And how I believed way too much as I still do… That God has a better plan for me than the one I have set for myself…I honestly did not struggle against what was happening .. I just took it all in, with a positive heart and a welcoming thought.
So I started noticing that things were just getting better and better. I got called for a job around March. (Started actually working on the 29th of May). But overall I didn’t face any issues in the process… Nor in my workplace. the environment is not that bad, the work is great. I don’t get to do a lot though. But looking on the bright side, it is like I have more time for myself to do the things I want to do beside the job related work.
So If I wanted to sum up 2017 in 2 words: ” Really good”
- I am grateful for the strength I had to leave my previous job.
- I am grateful for the patience to wait for what’s better for me.
- I am grateful for my health and the ability to work hard for a better lifestyle.
- I am grateful for the growth; mentally and emotionally.
- I am grateful for my friends. (Through the year I have been shown who’s good and who’s not. Who’s real and who isn’t. I am glad I have the vision and that gut feeling to know exactly who to trust.)
- I am grateful for the ability to express my feelings, thoughts through writing. And I will never take that for granted, For I will always use this gift to help and inspire others….
- I am grateful for all the books I have managed to read this year.
- I am grateful for the people who read my blog. And those who genuinely support me. The online community, those people who leave me support messages that always boost me up in ways nobody could ever realize.
- I am grateful for time. For it shall always be on my side because of maktub
I am open to new experiences. New achievements. New ways to help me grow mentally and emotionally..
I may not have it all figured out. But I know I am content.
I am focused on what I have instead of what I don’t have. I am focused on the people around me and loving them unconditionally.
2018, I am ready.