I don’t want to say that 2017 is the best year ever… Because this will make it look like that I will not have any better year coming…. But, I can honestly say that this year has been the best Yet…. I believe I have been blessed always but this year I actually saw it in my eyes… The amount of gratitude I have within me will never be enough for the things I have been offered this year… Not speaking about money here.. I am talking about genuine love, opportunities, a chance to be completely free and myself.
My mindset has grown tremendously this year.. I became more understanding and more aware of myself. I became more considerate towards others and I believe in the power of forgiveness.
This year I have forgiven myself for everything that wasn’t done right by me or because of me.
I started strengthen my mental immunity that I filtered a lot of thoughts that could have destroyed me emotionally.. This year I have learned to let go. Let go of people that weren’t good for me and things that didn’t find a good place to settle in my life and I started to live in the Now. It started out hard… Honestly, to constantly remind yourself that hey… You’re here, right now… Snap out of the future or the past… This way, I became more efficient, more stable, more focused, more able to realize time is truly limited and I better make the best of what I have right now.
So, let’s jump in to what I have learned in 2017.
- Time is limited. It is fast I should focus on what I am doing instead of how much time I have… I cannot control time but I can control my doings.
- Change is good…. Change in style, thinking, lifestyle, people around you….. As long as it is for the better.. It is good.
- Happiness is not a destination to reach. It is a way of life.
- I fully control how I feel. Whether someone makes me sad or happy,,, It’s because I allowed it.
- I stopped feeling guilty even if those kept on pushing the trigger for me to start feeling that way…
- Love.. You never run after it. It comes for you. I have learned to be the right person instead of “looking for the right person”
- I have learned to be completely straight forward in the things that bothers me. If It makes me feel bad, I speak about it.. Even if it took me days.. I still end up letting it out verbally.
- I have stopped.. Completely stopped rushing, running after things to happen. Instead I do what I can do and the rest will be; if it will be.
- In a complete faith that what’s mine will not pass me.
- There is no such thing as permanent habits.. Everything can change and has the ability to be changed if you set your mind to it.
- I stopped talking when I didn’t have anything useful to say. (I’ll even improve that in 2018)
I still have a lot of things to learn. I am still growing… Because the fact that I have learned in 2017 that I am always becoming,. It is not a matter of “I will become” and thats it. It doesn’t end.. Because change is constant. As long as you’re alive, as long as you’re breathing, everyday is a chance for you to start fresh, new beginnings are given to you the moment you open your eyes in a new day. You have a lot of chances to fix what’s broken, level up and actually live…..
Stop victimizing yourself. Stop making excuses that are only hurting you. No, it is not because of your family, no it is not because of your past. No it’s not your boss. No it’s not your mate/spouse… It is completely yours to take.
The moment you start taking responsibly and control of your life is the moment you won’t be able to blame others…. how scary is that? lol……
2017 is almost over, we are 3 days away to start a new year. Let that be a reason for you to acknowledge yourself that you are strong enough to be able to change what you don’t like in your life. And to have the patience and serenity to accept the things that you cannot change. May the new year be a year filled with positive achievements and may you find your inner peace.
May you have the ability to let go of people who are truly harming you emotionally, mentally and physically.
May you have the strength to be able to say no.
And the strength to start saying yes.
I have nothing more to add but to say that I am truly grateful, for all the people I have in my life, the things I was able to achieve this year…. And may we have many, many more.. Filled with love, joy and peace.
2 thoughts on “Dear 2017, it is time.”
قشعر بدني لهذه الكلمات
And as the end of this year approaches, thank you for all that you have given us throughout this year. I appreciate your presence, and although I did not personally meet you, I must say that I feel happy to have come to know you!
You’re what we need more of in this world of ours.
Thank you very much!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow… I don’t know what to say but thank you. جد مو عارفه شقول لكن شكرا من القلب. اتمنى لج سنه سعيده يا رب و جدا ممتنه لهالكلام الاكثر من جميل