As you may know I have graduated last semester with a bachelor degree of Business Management. Last semester ended around one month ago.
I might have had an idea of what I wanted for a job, but then again I thought I’d take a break after graduation just to figure things out.
I know for sure that I want to be in the field of marketing. I mean I think I have good potentials. Even though I’m really good when it comes to ‘theory’ but I want to be able to experience it in real life.
Yes I had one job offer without me requesting it,, and it was a marketing position. Just what I wanted.. I’ll spare you the details. I called today to turn down the offer.
Maybe I am not completely ready for a full time job?
Maybe I am still not sure if it’s exactly what I want to do, let’s say for the next 5 years.
I’m in the state where I’m planning my career path and I plan for it to be successful. And whatever that I will be doing I will make sure that it makes me happy.
Don’t worry or pressure yourself… Especially from the people around you,, It’s you and all about you and for you. Take your time and know what is it that you truly want.
Take the time to figure ‘yourself’ out. and know who you are and your capabilities.
Dear graduates or expected to graduate:
- It’s ok not to know everything.
- Take your time in deciding your career path
- It’s ok to start small. Small steps until you reach which ever position you want.
- Make sure that you choose a job that makes you wake up in the morning excited rather feeling heavy….
- The environment of your possible workplace matters. Choose it carefully.
- You might not be able to have the perfect job right away. But you can create it.
- Give time some time.
- Read a lot and educate yourself about whatever job position you’re in to.
- Remember: Whatever that you do, make sure it makes you happy
Some quotes that I like might motivates you:
“Work hard in silence. Let your success be your noise”
“This is the beginning of anything you want”
“Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring”
“Unsuccessful people make decisions based on their current situations. Successful people make decisions based on where they want to be.”
“You did not wake up today to be mediocre”
“I’m too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener”
xo Ms Poet