I think education is very important and everyone deserves to get educated.
The best thing that you’ll get out of having your degree is respect. I believe I have seen people who are truly creative and had working individuals yet, they don’t have the full respect from others simply because they don’t have a degree…
Let’s talk realism:
√ The more educated and skilled you are the better chance for you to get the proper/right/well paid job.
√ Education will serve you into having the knowledge and information about all things in life/world:
√ Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
Or at least to change yourself. ( Be the change you want to see in the world) right?
Somehow we underestimate the power of education.. I still don’t know why though. And no, education isn’t only in “schools”!
You can educate yourself everyday
There are many ways like:
- Get to know some of people experiences
- Even if there are things that you did not know, get to know them.. Read about them.
- Have a background for almost anything and everything #BeRandom
- Trust me the minute you fill yourself with information/knowledge, even the way you speak will somehow be different
I myself don’t like to be in the middle of a conversation when I have no clue of whats the other person is talking about.. So as soon as I have the time to myself, I’d search about “That topic” Make myself familiar with it…
Trust me, your next conversation with another person on the same topic will be interesting..
I could go on … But I think I made my point.
Here are some of my favorite quotes about Education:
- “Children must be taught to think, not what to think” – Margaret Mead
- “Only the educated are free” Epictetus
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Benjamin Franklin
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” Oscar Wilde
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” Confucius
xo Ms Poet
One thought on “Day 16: Thoughts On Education”
I enjoyed this so much! Great insight and I love the quotes (coming from a preschool teacher)!